- Always the weekend AFTER Labor Day.
The 2015 dates are:
Friday, September 11 ** 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Saturday, September 12 ** 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
Sunday, September 13 ** 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
Entrance Gates Close at 10:15pm on 9/11 & 9/12
Where is the festival held?
The festival is held in Veteran’s Park, Fort Point Street and Seaview Avenue, East Norwalk, CT 06855.
There is no public parking on the festival grounds. Click for parking and shuttle info
What is the entry fee and what is included?
The daily entrance fee includes free off-site parking, shuttle buses to and from the festival and all entertainment.
• At the Gate
Friday 09/11 Admission $10.00
Saturday 09/12 Admission $12.00
Sunday 09/13 Admission $12.00
Senior Citizens (62+) $10.00
Children (5 - 12 years old) $5.00
Entrance Gates Close at 10:15pm on 9/11 & 9/12
Family Day Sunday 09/13 Special - Children under 12 Free with Paid Adult
• Tickets can be purchased on-line. Click for On-Line Tickets
Discount ($10.00) tickets can be purchased at
Do you accept credit cards at the gate?
- Yes. We accept American Express, MasterCard and Visa.
Is my admission ticket good for both days?
- No.... Individual tickets are good for one day only.
How much are children’s tickets?
• Children under the age of 5 are admitted free of charge. The price for children ages 5-12 is $5.00.
• Sunday is Family Day with special pricing on that day only -- 1 child (age 5-12) free with each paid adult
• Saturday is Pirate Day with free admission for 1 child (age 5-12) wearing pirate garb with each paid adult
Will there be an ATM on-site?
- Yes. There will be two ATMs on-site.
Can I park on-site?
-No. Due to space limitations, only festival participants are allowed to park on-site if they have an credentialed parking pass issued by the Oyster Festival office. Click for Parking and Shuttle info
Where can I park?
- Free Parking and Free Shuttle Bus service is provided from four (4) local parking lots.
Is there handicapped access to the festival?
- Yes. Free parking and free handicapped bus service is provided from Norwalk Community College. There is no public on-site parking at the Festival. Click for Parking and Shuttle info
- All entertainment performances at the Norwalk Oyster Festival are included in the cost of admission to the festival. No additional ticket purchase is required.
Can I reserve seats for any of the shows?
- No. All entertainment is included with your admission. Seating for the shows is on a first-come, first-served basis.
What else is there to do or see at the festival?
• Arts & Crafts -- Thousands of creative and practical items that appeal to all tastes, budgets and ages - hand-crafted jewelry; artwork, sculpture and photography; decorative and usable pottery; woodcrafts including children’s toys, boxes and furniture; clothing, accessories, wearable art, home décor items created by jury-selected artisans from throughout the East Coast.
• Kids’ Cove -- Games, amusement rides, entertainment and parades
• Road to the Festival – Prizes, give-aways, displays
• Harbor Tour Cruises – Saturday and Sunday
– Habitat Restoration Project and Sheffield Island Lighthouse displays and information.
– Oystering history and artifacts ... tastings ... Oyster Shucking and Slurping Contests ...
Soundwaters tortoise touch tank ... visit with local bird-watching expert Larry Flynn
Do I need an ID to purchase alcoholic beverages?
- Yes. Purchase and consumption of alcoholic beverages requires valid government issued photo identification.
Can I bring my own food and drink?
- No. Outside food and beverages are not allowed into the event.
Can I bring a cooler or backpack?
- No. Coolers, pets, bottles, cans, large bags and backpacks may not be brought into the festival. ALL bags are subject to inspection.
Can I bring my pet to the festival?
- No. A City of Norwalk ordinance prohibits dogs from Veterans Park.
Any suggestions for festival attendees?
• The Oyster Festival is an outdoor festival so those attending should be prepared for the weather on the day(s) they are attending.
• The site is a park (mostly grass) and comfortable shoes are recommended.
• The site is on the Norwalk Harbor and it is September so the evenings can be cool.
• Be prepared to have fun!
Where do the festival proceeds go?
- The Norwalk Seaport Association (a not-for-profit 501 C3 organization) is wholly responsible for organizing and financing the annual Oyster Festival. Funds raised from the Oyster Festival allow the Seaport Association to continue its educational programs, stewardship for the 1868 Sheffield Island Lighthouse, Norwalk Islands habitat restoration projects with the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and other services.
Click for NSA Education info Click for Sheffield Island info
Since it began in 1977, the Norwalk Seaport Association has provided an opportunity for other local non-profit organizations to earn money for their programs and services by operating food booths at the Oyster Festival. The Seaport Association also supports youth groups by hiring them to work at the festival. Last year, other non-profit organizations raised more than $200,000 at the Norwalk Seaport Association Oyster Festival.
How do I get a Press Pass?
-Media representatives should contact email@example.com at least one week prior to the event for press credential approval.
How can I become a festival vendor or exhibitor?
- Applications for Arts & Crafts, Getting Greener Pavilion and New England Village are available by mail, e-mail, fax or download from the website.
If you have trouble or questions, e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-838-9444.
For Food Vendors, Sales Vendors, or Entertainers please email email@example.com
Can I volunteer at the NSA Oyster Festival?
-ABSOLUTELY! Interested volunteers can submit a simple application shown below to volunteer at the Norwalk Seaport Association Oyster Festival